Did you know that UUA will reuse 48,600 square feet of recycled content carpet at General Assembly this year? Carpet reuse avoids about 170,000 lbs of carbon dioxide emissions and saves enough water to fill 74,000 milk jugs!
Through practices like carpet reuse UUA and exhibitors are trying to create a ‘greener’ exhibit hall. A big thank you to all of these exhibitors who took steps to reduce the environmental impact of their booths this year:
- Alsadu (Booth 436)
- Balzaro Designs (Booth 811)
- C & M Designs (Booth 811)
- Calligraphy by Michael Noyes (Booth 811)
- Chalice Art (Booth 811)
- Claremont School of Theology (Booth 932)
- Donnelly / Colt Progressive Resources (Booth 1030)
- Icon Systems (Booth 1025)
- Iliff School of Theology (Booth 927)
- Imagination in Action (Booth 1130)
- Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) ( Booth 821)
- Kit’s Karma Creations (Booth 811)
- Northern Sun (Booth 321)
- UU Curriculum and Resource Developers (Booth 1015)
- UU Refugee and Immigrant Services and Education (Booth 529)
- UUSC and Equal Exchange (Booth 512)
These exhibitors reduced their footprint in a variety of ways, including:
- Avoiding disposable booth elements by using materials and furnishings that are re-usable, rented or able to be donated.
- Choosing reusable signage options, or ones that can be recycled locally.
- Reusing packing materials and eliminating non-recyclable packaging.
- Reducing or eliminating giveaways or ensuring these items are sustainable.
- Using no lighting for their booth or choosing energy efficient lighting options like LED or CFL bulbs.
- Using no flooring or choosing a re-usable carpet option with recycled content.
Come visit them in the exhibit hall and applaud their green practices!