The Final Agenda for the 2011 General Assembly is now online. It contains substantive proposed amendments to the UUA Bylaws that were added to the agenda by the Board of Trustees after the Tentative Agenda was posted in March. Congregations are encouraged carefully review the Final Agenda and discuss the business items with their delegates.
Some of the proposed UUA Bylaw amendments would:
- Reduce the size of the UUA Board from 26 persons to 14, change the process of electing Trustees, and shorten their terms of service
- Modify the term of persons serving on the Nominating Committee
- Introduce a mini-assembly process in the first year of a two year process to amend Article II of the UUA Bylaws, The Principles and Purposes
- Eliminate Actions of Immediate Witness at General Assembly, or
- Eliminate Actions of Immediate Witness at General Assembly in 2012, reconstitute them beginning with the 2013 General Assembly, and modify the process for submission
Delegates will also debate and vote on whether to adopt the draft Statement of Conscience Ethical Eating: Food & Environmental Justice.
Comments are closed.